When only the best will do.
Wanderlust and Mehndi:
Darcy first got the idea to start offering "beach henna" while traveling in Costa Rica. Doing henna for people was a great way to meet locals and practice her Spanish, as well as to meet other travelers. Soon, she noticed Indian destination weddings happening in these beautiful places, often with no henna. She thought, every bride deserves beautiful henna for her wedding, no matter where in the world it is. Darcy decided to start offering her services globally. Darcy's award winning art has been featured in Indian Weddings Magazine, Brides Magazine, South Asian Bride Magazine, Buzzfeed and Elite Daily. She has over 20 years of travel experience and over a decade as a bridal mehndi expert in Hindu, Sikh, Muslim and multi-faith weddings.
Our bridal mehndi packages make planning a breeze, because our pricing includes so much. We book our own travel details so you have one less task to worry about.
- Free online or in-person consultation
- Custom Bridal mehndi designs by Darcy on both sides of hands, and feet
- Guests and/or Sangeet mehndi services
- Organic Henna made on-site for guaranteed stain
- Artist's flights
- Artist's accommodations at a locally owned hotel
- Artist's ground transportation and incidentals
Come Rain or Shine:
- Darcy is an expert traveler, so you can be confident in her abilities both to arrive at the destination and to perform stellar artwork.
- Henna Lounge is based in California, an easy non-stop flight to Mexico, Costa Rica, Puerto Rica, Dominican Republic and Hawaii.
- Unlike Canada or the East Coast, California almost never has weather delays, so unpredictable "acts of God" are less likely.
- Darcy has also done last minute saves for couples whose mehndi vendor canceled at the last minute (due to an expired passports and other emergencies) and for couples who had forgotten to book a mehndi artist at all.
- We mix our henna on-location using organically farmed henna and pure essential oils
- No chemicals added
- No stale cones
- Citrus-free recipe
- Our henna doesn't stink, we promise!
- Rich color is guaranteed when you follow our simple care instruction
- Recommended 3-6 month advance booking
- High-season dates and holidays 6-12 months is recommended
- Schedule your mehndi for 2-3 days prior to your main event for optimal color
- We will also do our best to accommodate your last minute requests and date changes (emergencies happen!)
WE GIVE BACK:
- Henna Lounge teaches natural henna workshops to residents of Mexico to encourage the use of safe henna and give women new tools to support themselves and their families.
- We choose locally owned hotels for our accommodation to make sure that we are supporting the local economy during our trips.
Yelapa, Sayulita, Playa del Carmen, Tulum, Puerto Morelos, Cancun, Puerto Vallarta, Cabo San Lucas are some of our most popular mehndi destinations in Mexico.
Additional Destination Services:
Yoga and Fitness Retreats: Inquire about adding custom body art to your event or retreat.
Corporate Events: Offer schwag that doesn't go in the trash can. Beautiful body art delights, and leaves people talking about your brand for at least 7-10 days.
Mural Painting: Add the mehndi touch to your yoga studio or office wall.
Workshops and Training: Custom henna courses for Body Art Conferences, groups, or individuals.