Learn the Basics of Henna Designing, in Paradise!
Registration Deadline: February 9th
Many of you have been asking when I'm going to teach another workshop in Mexico. Wish granted!
Instructor: Darcy Vasudev
Level: Beginner/Intermediate - Suitable for those who have already begun practicing with henna or want a refresher on the basics, and tips from a professional on composition and design. Total beginners are also welcome.
- First, we will review the basics of henna-paste mixology (the most important part of doing henna is to work with a fresh, safe paste) with a mixing demonstration.
- Next we will construct our own applicators, which are gentle on the hands and can be made with recycled materials.
- Then we will learn the basic components of henna patterning, and work on controlling the flow of the henna paste.
- We will learn to construct motifs such as mandalas, flowers, paisleys, and geometric shapes, as well as accent motifs such as leaves, dots, and teardrops (using that cone control!).
- Finally, time permitting, there will be a design challenge, to create you own style of pattern utilizing 3-5 of motifs we learned.
You should bring paper or a notebook to class to take notes on and to practice drawing on. All henna supplies will be provided for the mixing demonstration as well as fresh henna cones for you to practice with in class.
Class fee: $100 USD ($50 deposit is required to reserve your spot, and the balance of $50 is payable on the day of the workshop). Class size is extremely limited.
If you would like to purchase additional supplies, please let me know by February 5th. Henna kit with 100grams henna powder, 30ml Australian Cajeput, and 10 sheets of Mylar is $35. If you prefer to purchase my henna paste, the cost is $7/cone (requires access to a freezer).